TCG Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun and friendly place for all TCG players to kick back and chill out or Get there game on and compete online.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[YGO] Yosenju Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

Reputation Points : 8

[YGO] Yosenju Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:32 am

Introduction

"Yosenju" is an archetype of WIND monsters used by Shingo Sawatari in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V anime. Combined with the fact that the other archetypes released in Tribe Force seem to be based off of previous Duel Terminal archetypes, "Yosenju" are hinted to pay homage to the tactics of the "Mist Valley" archetype.

The "Yosenju" monsters are all based off of elements of Japanese mythology and folklore — especially yōkai — with wind-based powers. Several of the members are based on the Kamaitachi. In folklore these were weasel-like creatures that rode on whirlwinds, looking to cut unsuspecting passers-by with sickles and nails."Yosenju Misak" is specifically based on a similar creature called the "Yama Misaki" – a demonic wind which takes on the shape of a human's severed head riding the air using fallen souls as a wheel.The Pendulum Monsters of the archetype lean more into the realm of Shinto symbolism than Folklore. "Shinchu R" and "Shinchu L" represent halves of a Torii Gate, which are used to mark a boundary between the realms of the profane and sacred with "Mayosenju Daibak" representing an enshrined Kami in a state of destructive anger. Interestingly, "Daibak" draws inspiration from both the "Kamaitachi" Yokai and the notion of "Divine Wind" or "Kamikaze".

Archtype Cards:

Cards To consider:

Playing style

The "Yosenju" monsters' primary strategy focus on swarming the field through sequenced Normal Summons; they also can perform Pendulum Summons. They share a Spirit-esque effect that causes them to return themselves to the hand at the end of the turn when Normal or Special Summoned, with the exceptions of "Yosenju Shinchu L" and "Yosenju Shinchu R"; these two last ones focus on protecting the on-Field "Yosenjus" from attacks or card effects as well as on setting up Pendulum Summons. The main strategy of the Archetype is to maintain Field control, by removing the opponent's card from the Field, such as with the effects of "Mayosenju Daibak", "Yosenju Kama 1", "Yosen Tornado" and "Yosenju Misak", while also searching for key cards in order to keep control of the game state, with the effects of "Yosenju Kama 3", "Yosen Training Grounds" and "Yosenju Oyamabiko".

Weakness

One of the main drawbacks of a "Yosenju" deck is its susceptibility of having a blank Field, since most of the time, the "Yosenju" monsters will return to the hand. This increases its vulnerability against beatdown Decks that are capable of swarming the Field and attacking with brute force."Summon Breaker" and "Summon Limit" can be useful against the successive Normal Summons; "Mistake" can stop "Fire Formation - Tenki", "Yosenju Kama 3", "Yosenju Oyamabiko" and "Yosen Training Grounds", but "Yosenju Kama 1" can easily bounce them, so these opposing cards may be only a temporary, situational threat. "Degenerate Circuit" can easily banish them when "Yosenju" monsters will return to the hand.This Deck usually has 3 copies of "Yosenju Kama 1", "2" and "3", so "Chain Destruction" may be useful as it can potentially sever the main arsenal of the Deck. "Skill Drain" is also a good solution, as it simply negates their effects, which means that no card will be searched by "Kama 3" and no card will return to the hand by "Daibak" and "Kama 1".

Last edited by Navitas on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://tcgonline.forumotion.co.uk
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:56 pm

This is the deck I've been running http://prntscr.com/6hf8ys Secret Move is pretty much always live so you just negate all your opponents main plays to stop them from playing. The consistency is great as well with all the deck thinning and draw power I've included as well.
Back to top Go down
Chidori45
Chidori45
Assistant
Assistant

Reputation Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Chidori45 wrote:
I've decktested the Secret Move/Shinchu L variant. But it isn't my flavor.
IMO you waste your search with Kama 3, either you are looking for the trap and/or you have to look for L. And the hard way to summon Daibak is another story.
It's much easier to special Unknown Synchron (from hand), normal 2 Kama brothers and Synchro into Mist Wurm to bounce 3 cards.
Monkey wrote:
See this is the deck ive been running http://prntscr.com/6hf8ys Secret Move is pretty much always live so you just negate all your oppenants main plays to stop them from playing. The consistancy is great aswell with all the deck thinning and draw power I've included aswell.

This is my build: https://i.imgur.com/w3i58d5.png
I like it OCG-Style as a Stun version.
Because i run a lot of Floodgate cards (Main and Side), i've decided to play 1 Magic Planter.
Unfortunately the Planter doesn't work with Macro or Banisher on field.
Back to top Go down
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Yeah your deck list is very anti meta originated. I think ' mistake ' would be a good card for your main.
Back to top Go down
Chidori45
Chidori45
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:07 pm

Good advice, but there is no room for it.
I haven't tested it yet, but Mistake would heavily hinder myself (no PoD, no Tenki, no Kama 3).
Then maybe Mind Crush, even though the room is missing.
Back to top Go down
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Chidori45 wrote:
Good advice, but there is no room for it.
I haven't tested it yet, but Mistake would heavily hinder myself (no PoD, no Tenki, no Kama 3).
Then maybe Mind Crush, even though the room is missing.

Hmmm good point, Maybe a hand trap like Droll & Lock Bird would be a better option. Maybe try Swapping out Rai-oh, Evac & Gyokko for for 3 Droll & Lock Bird and see if it works. Also I would swap out 1 Fienish chain for 1 mirror force simple because Friedish chain is better against Nekroz more then Qli but Mirror force is great against both.
Back to top Go down
Chidori45
Chidori45
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Would be better, but if D-Fissure, Macro or the Banisher is on field he doesn't works ("[...] you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard.[...]).
Hm, i will probably swap out TKRO for a 3rd MF. He's great but 1 is too less to use him effectively.
Or i run Ring of Destruction instead of the third Mirror Force, just because... it will be limited with its new errata! Why else is RoD reprinted in Premium Gold 2? Wink
Back to top Go down
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:12 pm

Yeah true and the last thing you want is dead draws.
1 TKRO just isn't enough to warrant play it sadly (I want 3 for Shaddolls) .
Yeah Ring of destruction could be a nice addition to the Deck. Have you played tested it at all?
Back to top Go down
Chidori45
Chidori45
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Not yet, i'll report tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Ok nice one Razz I look forward to your response.
Back to top Go down
Chidori45
Chidori45
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Well, i made at least 20 duels (DN) but never saw the Ring.
Bad shuffles... Don't get me wrong! The draws were great. I probably searched too much, so that RoD was shuffled deeper and deeper.
Hm, i think i have to consider something else.
Any thoughts about Harpie Dancer?
Back to top Go down
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Yeah that's the problem with 1 of cards.

How about masked change II + Masked Hero Divine Wind? That could potentially be a good addition.
Back to top Go down
Chidori45
Chidori45
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:40 pm

IMO not worth to play him.
I guess, i'ill use the good ol' Book of Moon instead.
Back to top Go down
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Can't go wrong with Book of Moon, such a versatile card.
Back to top Go down
Chidori45
Chidori45
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Creature Swap works really well here!
Because Emptiness is going to 1, i decided to add 2 copies of Mind Crush to fill the room.
Mind Crush will be replaced by Lose a turn (when released) and will be sided then.

TCG version
OCG version i still play Emptiness! Razz
Back to top Go down
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Yeah I played someone yesterday playing creature swap in Yosenju against me and yeah it worked bloody well. Yeah when last turn comes to TCG it's definitely a 3 of in here it's like vanity on steroids in Yosenju Razz
Back to top Go down
Chidori45
Chidori45
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:28 pm

Qli can run this card as well.
Lose a turn seems to be more balanced than Vanity's Emptiness...
Back to top Go down
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 9:37 pm

The last thing ygo needs is another Floodgate Qli can abuse.

So creature swap and last turn are definitely 3 ofs in my opinion (I will post a deck list later)
Any other cool techs come to mind?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Yosenju Discussion    [YGO] Yosenju Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

[YGO] Yosenju Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1