TCG Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun and friendly place for all TCG players to kick back and chill out or Get there game on and compete online.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DuskMage
DuskMage
Assistant
Assistant

Reputation Points : 3

[YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: [YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1   [YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Hello everyone, its DuskMage. As an assistant, it is my job to add content to the site. I will do my best to add meaningful content. As the title suggests, this is the first of many deck building guide posts for Yugioh I have planned. Without further ado, let's get into it.

Selecting a Deck
    This is the start of any deck build. For this, decide what type of deck you wish to play. Do you wish to play burn? Control? Stun? OTK? There are many type of decks and its generally best to select one theme and stick with it. How do you decide this? Its mostly personal preference.

A part of selecting a deck is seeing what is archetypes work with your deck. Archetypes are strong as they have specific support that makes them either more consistent or more powerful. For example, if your playing a super fast OTK deck, something like Lightsworns make a good choice due to their ability to get out strong monsters very quickly, as well as the ability of their ace, Judgement Dragon. Judgement Dragon is easy to summon if your playing Lightsworns properly and its ability to clear the field to allow for OTKs.

In short, to select a deck, decide the playstyle of the deck and look for archetypes that fit the playstyle. You don't have to use archetypes, they are just generally better due to their support. If you have a non-archetypical deck, that's not a bad thing as long as the cards you've chosen support each other. This is called synergy and will be the topic of a later deck building post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it for now, tomorrow I will post the next section. If I've missed anything you deem important within this topic, feel free to post below and I will add it in when I see it. Have a good day everybody.
Back to top Go down
Navitas
Navitas
Founder
Founder

Reputation Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1   [YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 4:04 pm

+1 Nice post. I look forward to the rest.
Back to top Go down
https://tcgonline.forumotion.co.uk
Reboot
Reboot

Reputation Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1   [YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:16 pm

good stuff i look forward to the rest also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1   [YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

[YGO] Deck Building Guide Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1